Kent's presentation was informational and inspirational, calling his participants to action. I appreciated his thorough explanation of each principle and then the time given for participants to develop their own principles. It really helped me to put structure and priority to my thoughts. Thank you!
My integrity/honesty principle: Be true to yourself. Don't just be a reflection of those around you.
I sometimes struggle with the glass half full, so this is a good one for me to remember from what I wrote today:
“Every bump is a chance to jump.”
I’ve been watching a lot of extreme skiing videos lately. (-:
Thanks for a thoughtful day.
Susan Jacobson, Ph.D.
Division of Business
Carroll Hall 108 A
"Wilderness holds an original presence giving expression to that which we lack, the losses we long to recover, the absences we seek to fill. Wilderness revives the memory of unity. Through its protection, we can find faith in our humanity." Terry Tempest Williams
Well, it was an interesting class to attend. I seldom give enough thought about what I am doing/saying and end up needing to apologize or change what I said. To solidify what I desire to stand for is helping me stay on track and grow in the way I desire. Thank you Mr. Knoble and Boys and Girls Club of South Park.
1. Always do right, this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
2. Speak with humility and kindness.
3. "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." The Bible
4. Gratitude is an attitude.
5. Life is 10% about what happens to us and 90% about how we respond to it. /When riding through hell, keep on riding!
6. No one cares what you know, unless they know that you care.
7. The Try Principle: All that it takes is all that you have got. One % improvement on each thing each day.
8. Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better.
9. Great opportunities to help others seldom come but small opportunities are around us every day.
10. A lie is not important except the impact it has on other lives. Jackie Robinson
11. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight O Lord; my Rock and my Redeemer. The Bible
I thought that this was an excellent presentation on a very valuable topic. I formulated my 8 point code and keep it at my desk as a reminder. I was very happy to see such a large turnout especially with so many younger participants.
This program has truly inspired to do more and become a better me. One of my favorite Principles although not original is "All it takes is all you've got". That speaks volumes to me and inspires me to accomplish more. Thank you for this opportunity.